Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little temptation never hurt anyone

This morning, I had to stop by the clinic to pick a refill on a prescription.  I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to be there.  I know what you are thinking.  Who likes going to the clinic?   Well, that's easy to explain.  I was there picking up medicine for someone else.  The only thing I take nowadays is vitamins and the occasional ibuprofen .  If you ever have to pick up medicine at the military clinic over by Potomac Mills, I recommend you go before 0800.  No lines.  No waiting.  No anxiety.  As my husband says every time we go shopping, "In and Out".  He is not the skilled shopper I am, bless his heart.
Since I was in the area, I decided to walk the mall.  Remember, each lap is equal to 2 miles if you hug the walls and walk every hallway.  I did three complete laps today, at about a 15 minute mile, 6 total.  I could have done more, but I had an urge.  You see, for some reason, Victoria's Secret was open early (because of the Semi-annual sale I guess) and well, I had a gift card.  It was meant to be, a match made in mall heaven.  I just had to return to check out the delicate lingerie.  Besides, as my brother said to me last week, "You've lost so much weight, nothing fits you anymore"  (I lost on/about 15 lbs in 2010).  So, I went in, dodged the helpful customer service representative (I knew what I wanted), grabbed a couple of pretty "Smalls" my husband will enjoy, paid the cashier, and left to head home.  After all, I still needed to lift weights.  I didn't make it all the way home.  I stopped at the local car wash, the expensive one with the waiting area.  The salt is making all the cars around here look horrible.  And well, a clean car just brightens my day.  To brighten my day even more, I bought a New England Patriots air freshener.  Now the car smells like pine trees.  Well, how would you expect an NFL air freshener to smell?  Like man sweat?  I don't think those would sell very well.  Musk would have been nice though.  Hmmm, let's see...an air freshener that smells like Tom Brady(after he hits the showers of course).  Oh, I'd buy that in a heart beat.  : )
Finally got home, did my weights and enjoyed a delicious protein drink.  I absolutely love my new blender.  Did I mention I got a new blender for Christmas?  We'd gotten the old one as a wedding present nearly 16 years ago.  I think we were due.  This one blends my whey protein smoothies in no time at all.  And I won't be hungry again for hours.  Later, I'll probably have my Chobani Greek Yogurt with a little Bear Naked Granola.  That and the protein smoothies have become staples in my diet.  Need a snack, try a fresh piece of fruit or some roasted red pepper hummus on whole wheat Naan bread or whole wheat crackers.  Like guacomole?  Costco has avocado hummus.  I had better stop.  My brain is going to convince my stomach that I'm hungry.  ; o    

No comments:

Post a Comment