Monday, January 3, 2011

Create a healthy routine

Mornings are always difficult for me.  It seems everything aches.  But, I can't stay in bed all day.  I always make sure I lay out my work out clothes the night before.  In the morning, after some personal hygiene, I immediately get dressed.  Then I come downstairs, feed the pets, start the coffee, and take my vitamins with a big glass of water.  Its important to make sure I get my vitamins in the morning.  If I wait, and get busy, I may forget.
Then I workout.  Routinely, my personal workout consists of a long walk, 100 repetitions of three different arm exercises (5lb weights) and 30-50 kettle ball lifts (15lbs).  During the day, I'll add 100 sit ups and maybe something else...like push ups.  You'd think I got enough of those when I was a soldier but hey, every little bit helps, right?
After my workout, I drink a protein drink.  It consists of Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser trainer) natural whey protein blended with banana, blueberries, strawberries, wheat germ, one cup crushed ice, and one cup water.  Its nutritious and very tasty.  After a calcium chew (tastes like caramel), I am ready for a day of errands and putting away holiday decorations.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment