Tuesday, January 11, 2011

See yourself as a celebrity

Its fantasy time.  Its December 2011.  You've been working out and eating right all year.  Of course, the world has taken notice of your amazing achievement.  Now a celebrity, you've been asked to endorse products.  Question to ask yourself:  What 10 products would you endorse even if they did not pay you?
Here's my list.

1) Sketchers "Shape Ups.  I know. I know.  They are really ugly.  But hey, having been military for many years, I've been through all the tennis shoe brands...Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Reebok, etc.  The shape ups?  I'm on my second pair.  For me, with all my back aches and knee pains, its not about looks.  Its about the results.

2) Crest 3D white toothpaste.  Again, this is based on results.  I use the toothpaste and the rinse.  I love it.  My husband loves it.  The kids love it.  Our dentist loves it.  Shall I go on?   : )

3) Sleep number bed.  My husband and I have both suffered back injury from military service.  Sleep was always difficult for us.  We tossed and turned every night, each looking for a comfortable position.  I slept with pillows under my knees.  I took prescription Ambien or some over the counter medicine to help me sleep.  He complained every morning that he back ached.  Desperate for help, it wasn't long before we visited our sleep number representative at the mall.  The beds were  a bit pricey, but we both knew what we had wasn't going to get better.  All I can say is, the sleep number bed...they can have mine when they drag my cold dead body from it.  How's that for a product endorsement?

4) Chobani Greek yogurt.  Yogurt has changed my life.  I once had a doctor that recommended I eat one yogurt every day.  I thought she was crazy.  Every day for how long?  But she was right.  Once I started eating yogurt every day, I noticed a lot of the perimenopause symptoms disappeared.  Chobani?  I like that it is higher protein.  My weakness is the pineapple flavor.  Its like a Hawaiian vacation in a little cup.  Reminds me of the "Dole Whip".

5) Silk Products.  I drink 15 calorie Silk creamer in my coffee every morning.  It has less than 1 gram of sugar, 1 carb, and no cholesterol.  Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk (70 calorie) has 6 grams of soy protein, only 5 grams of sugar, and only 7 carbs.  It has as much calcium as milk, and it tastes great.  In comparison, regular low fat milk has 110 calories, 12 grams of sugar, and 12 carbs.

6) Bear Naked granola.  We always keep several flavors in the house.  My personal favorite is the Bear Naked protein.  It has 6 grams of protein.  I'm always looking for that extra protein boost.  The vanilla almond crunch (4 grams protein) and oats and honey with blueberries (320mg in Omega-3) are also tasty.

7) Green Giant frozen veggies.  Be it the antioxidant blend, the healthy vision blend, steam in the bag broccoli or the Just for one singles (I love the 40 calorie broccoli and cheese), they are tasty, they have just the right stuff, and they are easy to make.  Just pop in the microwave.  Busy moms like easy.

8) Tostitos Artisan recipes roasted garlic and black bean chips.  Every now and then, the chips beckon.    Come to me.  You know you want it.  Think smart choices.  You need one that is all natural, made with whole grains and is better for you than dipping into that bag of empty carbs, right?  These are 0 grams of trans fat, only 1 gram of saturated fat, and they have 2 grams of protein.  They are really tasty with mango salsa.

9) Sabra - go mediterranean roasted red pepper hummus.  When I was introduced to hummus, I thought  not bad but not great.  Still, I knew it was healthy so I searched for a flavor I enjoyed.  Give it a shot, right?  This flavor is great with whole grain NAAN (indian style tandoori flat bread) or whole grain "Wheat Thins crackers".  For a great appetizer, try dipping sliced green peppers in hummus.

10) Emergen-C.  A dietary supplement with 1,000mg of Vitamin C.  I mix the super orange flavor with a small glass of orange juice.  Its like a fun fizzy explosion in your mouth and it puts a halt to the common cold.  Thats important on days like today.  Its beginning to snow.  

    Thats really just a few of my favorites.  There's also the Pure Protein bars (refrigerated Chocolate Peanut Butter is really good) and powders (I blend the Natural Whey Protein- Chocolate or Vanilla in my breakfast drinks).  Also, lets not forget the "Biggest Loser" products.  I like their whey protein powder too (blueberry or raspberry flavor mixed with water).  I could go on, but all this talk about food has made me hungry.  I'm thinking a vanilla whey protein, blueberry, banana, and wheat germ smoothie.  I have raspberries and strawberries to try also.  Maybe tomorrow.   : )





        

No comments:

Post a Comment