Thursday, January 20, 2011

I refuse to accept boring workouts

    I decided to head over to mall this morning and do a few laps.  Each complete lap is 2 miles.  I noticed that, for some reason, they had failed to play music like they usually do.  It was so incredibly boring, I stopped after 2 laps (4 miles).  I came home.  Before I could get distracted doing something else, I got on our treadmill and watched "The Today Show".  Before I knew it, I had done another 4 miles.  Wait a minute.  I just did 8 miles.  How cool is that?  All because I got bored walking the mall.
    The message here is that working out should not be boring and tedious.  It shouldn't feel like work even though we all know it is...hard work.  When its too cold to work out outside, you don't have time for the gym, or you are just stuck at home for some reason, adapt.  Try this.  Go to your local Target (that's where I've found the best variety) and pick up a fitness DVD.  The price is generally low on these DVDs, usually around $12.  I have several.  I absolutely love Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs and I've just added "The Biggest Loser Power Walk."  
If you prefer, there is yoga, pilates, belly dancing, Taebo, Jazzercise, Boot Camp, or you can focus on specific areas like ab training.  Check it out.  I'm sure you'll see something you like.  They have a nice selection of work out items you may need (hand weights, ankle weights, kettle bells, pedometers, yoga mats, resistance bands, pull up bars, etc) and most of the clothes are every bit as good as what you will find as higher priced stores (I recommend you spend the money and get your shoes elsewhere).
    

No comments:

Post a Comment