Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011 Happy New Year

Today is a day for new beginnings.  Start it off right by writing down what you eat, what you drink, and how much you exercise.  Plan an exercise schedule.  Check back with me on a daily basis.  Together we will make better choices.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Day.  We opted to take a drive in to the city to walk around a bit.  Though we did get a late start, the weather was beautiful for a walk around the Nation's Capital.  It felt more like an October evening than January, warm and damp, but I didn't mind.  We were together and I had hoped to get in to see at least one really big Christmas tree.  I figure we got in about a mile before the sky began to darken with the impending rain.  I don't usually walk on weekends.  Its my recovery time.  My real walking is from Monday through Friday.  But what the heck.  Hurrah!  My first mile in 2011.  : )

-Water 7 glasses, coffee 1 cup, Hot tea 1 cup
-Whey protein drink blended with banana, blueberries, and wheat germ
-Greek yogurt with granola
-Mushroom Swiss Veggie burger on whole wheat bun, sweet potato chips (Cheeseburger in Paradise)

(If I feel like snacking, I'll have some roasted red pepper hummus and whole wheat crackers)
I'll probably have a 10 calorie Jello before bed (with whipped cream).  Its my regular evening treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment