Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Like It Hot

    What do I look forward too most after a good workout?  Well, as much as I enjoy my whey protein smoothies with their fresh blueberries, strawberries, banana, and wheat germ, what I love even more is that well deserved hot shower.  After sweating it out, I absolutely love feeling the heat on my skin.  Secretly, I wish I could stay in that hot shower until our son comes home from school.  Its just that pleasurable.
    This isn't something new for me, something newly awakened from the integration of daily exercise in my life.  No, its a passion I've had as long as I can remember.  In my youth, I relished a warm beach vacation or a few minutes in a tanning bed (though now I realize that was a bad thing).  When I injured my shoulder while stationed at Fort Bragg, I went in for acupuncture treatments.  The treatments were okay, but what I felt the most relief from was the hot lamp the doctor insisted I lie under once the needles were removed.
    While serving in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm, showers were heated by immersion heaters.  They were scalding hot, but I found them to be an experience I looked forward to each day.  Saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzi?  I've always been the one who stayed long after every else claimed they'd had enough.
    Most recently, the main feature I insisted when shopping for a car was the seat heater.  Its nice to have a toasty tushie.  Yes, I enjoy the occasional hot rock massage.  And well, think about it.  What feels better than having someone lay towels, right out of the dryer, over you?   Well, I'm getting a bit chilled.  Time for that hot shower.  : )  Hey, I earned it.  Maybe tonight, we'll make a fire in the fireplace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment