Saturday, December 10, 2011

That's What I Call A Full Day

We were exhausted this morning after spending the evening with close friends.  I tried to sleep in but, I was hurting.  My head, my hip, my knees, and my stupid big toe were aching.  Maybe I shouldn't have danced so much.  I can't help it.  My body says be careful but my heart says dance now and pay for it later.  This morning was...well, later.  Still, I got up, made some coffee, and fed the cat.  No workout today.  No, today I really needed one of those recovery days.  One day, I will learn to master my limitations.  Okay, maybe not.
While the boys stayed home and worked on scout stuff, my Stepdaughter and I went to see "New Year's Eve".  Its a really wonderful film.  See if it you can.  You won't regret it.
I was a little naughty today.  I had a small popcorn (no added butter or salt) but, I did have a bottled water so I don't feel too guilty.  When the movie was over and my Stepdaughter left to head to work, I met up with my husband and our youngest for some quick Christmas shopping.  But, I was way on the other side of the mall.  In order to get to where they were, I walked through the mall dodging the slowest shoppers I have ever seen in my life.  Now I know I walk really fast but, I think maybe they were slowing down and blocking me on purpose.  As I sped through the crowded hallways, I was reminded of my days as a teenager at my local hometown roller skating rink...in and out, quick turns, sudden stops...it was complete madness.  I mean, was everyone in Northern Virginia at this particular mall today?  It felt like it.  Anyway, we did our shopping and left.  As we walked to the car, I noticed a bus...imported holiday shoppers with armloads of purchases standing in line.  On weekdays, its so quiet and peaceful, it almost feels like they opened the mall just for me.  I wish weekends were like weekdays.  I don't like crowds.  Amazingly, the crowded mall didn't really stress me out.  I had my walking face on (or maybe my rollerskating face).  One mission.  Get to the meeting area while avoiding any and all obstacles AKA shoppers of all ages.  You know, maybe I should have gone out for roller derby.  If I were doing roller derby today instead of walking the mall, I would have amassed some serious points.   : )
We are home now, just sitting here with a fire in the fireplace...watching the final moments of the Army Navy game.  It seems the Navy always wins but, that's okay.  We never lose hope for a future win for the Army.  There is no real reason to stress over a game.  Its just healthy competition between two teams that, off the football field, really fight for the same team...the defense of our nation.  No one should feel bad.
I walked three rapid pace miles today and wait a minute...wasn't it supposed to be a recovery day?  Shouldn't I be hurting like I was this morning?  Could it be all that walking helped loosen up my sore hip, my bad knees, and my stupid aching toe.  My headache was even gone as well.  I love ending the day sans pain.
Awesome...Right now, I'm thinking dinner and Jacuzzi.  An excellent movie, shopping, dinner, a fire crackling in the fireplace, ending with a dip in the Jacuzzi?  Now, that's what I call a full day.  My only dilemma now?  Finding a bathing suit that won't fall off.          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment