Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Doctor, The Dentist, And The Comfortable Shoe Maker

Its been a busy couple of days. My husband has been away and I've been running around like a mad woman.  I thought I'd surprise him.  Whenever its time for my car to be inspected, I ask him to do it for me.  Cars and men go hand in hand like gloves and hands.  I grew up with a mechanic in the family but, please don't ask me to do more than fill the tank or take my car to Jiffy Lube.  Call me girly but, I pray I am never faced with the day I have to change a tire.  Knock wood...so far, so good.  Well, my car was due for an inspection.  I thought it would be nice if my husband came home from his work trip and saw I had gotten it done.  So, I drove over to nearby "Car Doctor".  We had been there before.  The day before the "Rolling Thunder" ride, we realized the inspection on the motorcycle was well overdue.  They didn't blink an eye.  There was no line and the price was reasonable.  We were in and out in no time.  This time was no different.  Before I could get in the door, I was greeted by the most adorable rat terrier/chihuahua mix.  The service was fast, friendly and courteous.  I know one thing.  From now on, we'll take all our vehicles there.  They remind me of my big brother, and well...its nice to have a car doctor you can trust.  http://www.cardoctorautocenter.com/ 
This morning, I was going through my closets looking for a pair of shoes that would go with every dress I plan to wear over the holidays.  I found them in every color except silver.  So, after my workout, I went to the mall to look for the perfect shoe.  It had to be dressy, somewhat classic, and most of all...comfortable.  I have bad knees and a bad back.  I have to be careful.  The heels cannot be too high.  I didn't want to have to wear flip flops but, I absolutely cannot wear shoes that make me fall down.  I saw a pair that fit the bill at Nordstrom's Rack, but decided to keep looking.  They weren't exactly what I was looking for.  I ended up at Off Broadway shoes.  I walked past all the five and six inch heels feeling a little disheartened.  Then, way in the back of the store, I found the cutest shoes and they met all the qualifying criteria.  Best of all, they were clearance priced.  Hooah!
While I was in the checkout lane, I received a call.  My dentist wanted to know if I could come in early.  They'd had a cancellation.  So, I took my pretty new shoes and drove straight over...extremely happy that I'd remembered to brush and floss prior to going to the mall.  I absolutely love our dentist.  Whenever I walk in to Dr. Vasey's office, I know I will be greeted by friendly folks I can honestly call friends, I know they will make me feel at home, and I know I will receive the best possible care.  Also, I love the fact that he always tells me my teeth are beautiful.  After all, my smile is important to me.  Dr. Eric Vasey treats our whole family and you know what?  I plan to keep it that way for a long time.  Like our mechanic, I like a dentist I can trust.
Yes, it was a time to be smiling...passed inspection, pretty new shoes, and a successful visit to the dentist.  I felt so good, I decided to get the tank topped off in my car.  I pulled in to the gas station and walked back.  UGH!!! My car had a new ding.  "Don't sweat the small stuff...don't sweat the small stuff"...I repeated to myself as I took deep breaths.  "Don't let a little ding ruin your day".  My husband comes home tonight.  He's been gone all week.  Be happy...smile...and maybe, if you ask sweetly, Santa Claus will get those nasty dings taken care of lickety-split.        

No comments:

Post a Comment