Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh Yes, I Actually Had Pancakes..And Syrup!



http://bobevans.com/Menu/Category/71/Fit-from-the-Farm
http://www.smucker.com/sensibly_sweet/products.aspx 

As soon as our youngest was off to school, my husband and were out the door.  We needed to get my car in the shop for a service.  Afterwards, we went to breakfast at one of our favorite places...Bob Evans.  Our waitress was a sweetheart.  Her name was Debbie and she made us feel right at home.  I always seem to get the same thing when we go there...a veggie omelet.  But this morning, I noticed something new on the menu.  On the "Fit from the farm" menu, they offered the "Be Fit" breakfast, a no cholesterol egg blend with a side of cranberry multi-grain pancakes.  They forgot the fruit side but, to be honest, I never even noticed.  I wouldn't have had room for it anyway.  
What stood out to me was the cranberry pancakes.  They were amazing!  I liked them so much, I asked my husband if we could take a stack home to my Stepdaughter.  She always eats something quick like a protein bar on the way out to work.  I thought it would be nice to bring her something warm and tasty.  You know, something that tastes really naughty, but is secretly nice.  Well, just as I guessed, she loved them as well.  And, like me, she couldn't finish.  Who would have thought to put cranberries and pancakes together?  Bob Evans, that's who.  
By the way, check out the Smucker's Sugar Free breakfast syrup.  No more will we be forced to pour watery chemical laden syrup substitutes on our multi-grain or whole grain pancakes.  This one is made with Splenda and its as good as the original syrups.  Mmmm..  I can't believe I just had pancakes and eggs and I don't feel a bit guilty for it  (352 calories).  
This totally puts me in the mood to decorate for Christmas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment