Friday, December 16, 2011

Is 48 Too Late To Be A Bond Girl?

I got a bit of a late start on my workout this morning.  Been rushing around trying to get everything ready.  We've got three holiday parties to go to this weekend alone.  On one hand, its kind of nice knocking them all out in one weekend.  On the other, I'm not the fool that believes more spontaneous events won't sprout up out of no where.  So, I sped things up and managed to get in eight more miles...five on the treadmill, and another three doing errands (always park as far away from the store as you can).  I also did fifty push ups.  I may try to do more throughout the day (nice).  Then again, I may not (naughty).  I am nearing that 1500 mile mark and I should slow things down.  Right now, the way I am going, I am looking at finishing up early next week.  What then?  Its been an amazing year but, I'm thinking I might take a break from writing (I will still walk and workout every day).  Maybe a vacation.  Just for fun, I tried on an old bikini I had in the drawer from more than a couple of decades back.  I can't believe I saved it but, I'm glad I did.  It fit beautifully.  I mean, I felt like a "Bond Girl".  Yes, I hear you...too old to be a Bond girl.  Well, bite your tongue.  What do I always say?  You are never too old!  Remember the movie "Octopussy"?  Maud Adams was like 38 when she did that film and she was a bond girl twice.  "Never Say Never Again."  Right now, I look and feel better now than I did at 38, at 28 even (dare I say 18 as well?  Oh yes, I dare).  Why not a 40 something, pushing 50 Bond Girl?   granted, they are some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen and well, the actors playing James Bond are younger than I am.  Big deal, right?      
I sent some bikini photos to my husband.  No, I'm not going to show you.  Those photos are For "His" Eyes Only.   I hope he doesn't open the email at the wrong moment and get "The Living Daylights" scared out of him.  Ha ha...    
Okay, okay...I'll stop.
After I had my fun with the photos, I had errands to run.  For one, I had to pop over to the grocery store and pick up a few things.  I'm putting together a veggie and hummus platter for tonight's party, some healthier snack choices for my friends and neighbors.  I suppose I could throw together something naughty but, I want to tread lightly.  The big guy in the red suit will soon be here and I don't want to screw things up.  Only nine mores days until Christmas.  I have to be careful.  Then again, after this blog, I've probably secured a place on the naughty list.  C'est La Vie..."Live and Let Die"  (couldn't resist).      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_girl 
Time to do a couple of loads of laundry.  Hey, I've never seen them do that in the movies.  What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment