Friday, February 25, 2011

There is a monster in my bathroom

There is a monster in my bathroom.
I try to avoid him, but he is always there.
He knows there are things I have to do there.
If I shut my eyes, he disappears.
But I know he is still there.
I think my monster can change size and shape.
And he has followed me all my life.
When I was little, there were no monsters in my bathroom.
There were no monsters in my entire house.
I think the monsters were afraid of my father.
He was there whenever my mom took me to the doctor.
He was at my school too, in the nurse’s office. 
He was very tall back then.
There have been times in my life
When I really thought my monster was mean to me,
But I know it wasn’t the monster’s fault. 
It was always because I was bad. 
Nowadays, I see him at our family clinic. 
When he is there, he speaks a foreign language.*
I have even seen him on television.
When he is there, he becomes a giant monster.
He sometimes makes me sad.
He sometimes makes me smile.
There is a monster in my bathroom.
I guess he is not so bad.
Lately, he has been nice to me.
And he knows many things.
My husband understands monsters.
He has studied them.
Maybe if I learn more about him,
And I don’t avoid him,
My monster will become my friend.
Maybe, then, he won’t be a monster…anymore. 

*My son says I have to explain the foreign language that my monster speaks is metric.  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment