Thursday, February 3, 2011

Relaxing in my knickers

    Its something I've been doing since September 2008.  It all began with a birthday gift from a loved one.  I arrived for my appointment a bit early, but they knew me by name.  I know it was in the computer, but there is something very warm and familiar about customer service representatives that smile and greet you by name.  I was immediately directed to the dimly lit waiting room.  Soothing music played in the background.  I was offered something to drink while I waited.  Before long, I was led to a private room by my personal massage therapist.  This wasn't my first massage.  After years of physical therapists, chiropractors, even acupuncturists, I get the most lasting pain relief from massage.  Today, I was to receive a Hot Stone Massage.  For the first minute or so, we discussed any issues or concerns I might have.  Then, she left while I stripped down to my knickers (my underwear).  I lay down on the warm heated bed and closed my eyes.  She knocked on the door, then came in after I said I was ready.
     For the next hour and a half, she applied hot stones melting away any tension I might have, massaging, soothing my aching muscles.  I have been working out pretty hard lately.  Even the most disciplined athlete gets sore.  This was the first time I'd seen this particular therapist, but we became fast friends and massage therapists are very good listeners.  The time passed far too quickly.  It always does.  After the time had ended, she left so I could pull myself together and get dressed.  She kept the light dimmed.  Once I was ready to return to the real world, I opened the door.  I was met with a smile, a warm towel, and a cup of cool refreshing water.  At Massage Envy, I've never had a bad experience.  I guess thats why I continue to go back.
    If you are interested in giving a unique gift that will truly be appreciated, try a $49 gift card to Massage Envy.  The recipient can choose from a variety of massages to include Deep Tissue, Swedish, Pre-natal, Reflexology, Sports Massage, Trigger Point Massage, Myofascial Release or for a bit more, a Hot Stone (which I thoroughly recommend).  They may even wish to add aromatherapy or deep heat.
If they like the experience, they can sign up to get monthly massages.  I do.  It keeps me out of the doctor's office and well, its all part of being a healthier me.  Oh, and check out the special deal below...for February.

http://www.massageenvy.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment