Monday, February 21, 2011

Ask not what your body has done to you; ask what you can do for your body

    Sound familiar?  Happy President's Day.  This morning, as the smell of bacon permeates our home, I can breathe a sigh of relief...I just had the most amazing workout.  My husband made bacon...for himself.  I insisted, "Bacon is the devil".  Remember "The Waterboy", with Adam Sandler and Kathy Bates?  I love to misquote movies.  He laughed and made it anyway.  He only ate one piece.  He said he was being good.  I didn't have any.  I was being better.  : )
    Me? I worked out.  Holidays are no excuse to take a day off.  Besides, I have a mission.  Five miles on the treadmill as I watched "The Today Show", 100 repetitions of three different arm weight exercises 5lb (low weight, high rep), 30 15lb front kettle bell lifts, 20 10lb back kettle bell lifts, 100 sit ups, and today, I added 20 push ups (yes, this old soldier does them off the knee).  



    After that, I made a lovely smoothie...one cup crushed ice, one cup water, one scoop whey protein, one tablespoon wheat germ, one banana, and a handful of mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries today)..the usual.  I feel absolutely energized...and its only 1030 in the morning.  Our son?  Still sleeping.
    I'm not thinking about my back, my knees, or any other pains I might encounter.  I'm not going to focus on what has happened to me in the past, how my injuries hold me back from doing things I could do..like run or well, walk up and down stairs without pain.  Instead, I'm going to focus on what I can do for my body...when it gets old, when it gets easier...I'll add something new.  I'll add something creative.  Then, in the end, my workout will be...well...fit for a President!
: )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment